Caulfield Grammar welcomes international students to each campus and values the cultural dimension that they bring to our school community. Having an international outlook is one of the cornerstones of our learning program as we prepare students for entering the global community. The school encourages cultural diversity and internationalism and has for many years allocated places to girls and boys from overseas. International students have the option of living in the boarding house facilities at Caulfield Campus or living in a homestay arrangement that allows them to access either the Wheelers Hill Campus or Caulfield Campus for their secondary schooling years.
General information for international students
Since its foundation in 1881, Caulfield Grammar School has been shaping the future of young women and men by providing education of renowned excellence, and is recognised as one of Australia’s most influential independent, coeducational schools with over 3000 students and 200 well qualified and highly dedicated staff.
Caulfield Grammar is a multi-campus school, with five campuses (three in Melbourne, Yarra Junction, and Nanjing – China). The school encourages cultural diversity and internationalism and has for many years allocated places to girls and boys from overseas.
The school offers a broader range of learning experiences and resources than most other schools. The shared expertise of a large group of specialist staff, top quality facilities and the support of a large community network are clear advantages for students. By offering girls and boys a diverse curriculum based on sound traditional values, Caulfield Grammar School provides many opportunities for girls and boys to broaden their horizons or pursue a line of study to the highest level.
Caulfield Grammar has links with Melbourne’s major universities, providing students the opportunity to undertake first-year university subjects whilst still attending secondary school. Students at Caulfield have a history of strong academic results in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) – Victoria’s internationally recognised senior school certificate – and virtually all have been offered a place in a tertiary course of their choice at Australian universities or Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. Should international students decide to stay in Melbourne to complete their tertiary education, they can do so in the knowledge that the city is home to some of Australia’s, and the world’s, leading universities.
The above information is all included in the International Student Information Booklet. To download this booklet – click here.
Other websites of interest
Caulfield Grammar School is fully compliant with the National Code of Practice 2007 and refers parents to the following external websites for further information:
- http://www.homestaynetwork.org/cgs-students (Australian Homestay Network)
- http://www.studentguardians.com (International Student Alliance)
- http://www.oso.gov.au (Overseas student Ombudsman)
- http://aei.dest.gov.au/AEI/ESOS/ESOSLegislation (The Australian Government’s Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Legislation)
- https://aei.gov.au/Regulatory-Information/Pages/Information-for-Students.aspx (Information for International Students)
- http://aei.dest.gov.au/AEI (Study in Australia Guide)
- http://www.aeas.com.au (Australian Education Assessment Service)
- http://www.immi.gov.au/students/ (Department of Immigration and Citizenship)
- http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au (The official Australian Government website for studying in Australia)
- http://www.visitvictoria.com.au (The official site for Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)