For those who demonstrate sound academic ability and achievements, and show a desire to contribute to the Caulfield Grammar School community.
The Caulfield Grammar School Foundation is proud to support Scholarships for students of refugee background for entry into our School at Year 7 and Years 9 – 10 at either Caulfield Campus or Wheelers Hill Campus. These Scholarships are awarded, utilising needs based criteria, to provide opportunities for those who would otherwise be unable to access a Caulfield Grammar School education. While we work closely with Language schools in Melbourne to identify students who would thrive in our School environment and have the strong support of their family, we welcome applications from students of refugee backgrounds.
Applicants should demonstrate sound academic ability and commitment to their academic programs, achievement in several fields of endeavour, including leadership, and show a desire to contribute to the Caulfield Grammar School community.
Foundation Humanitarian Scholarships are open to applicants who are:
Australian Citizens or Permanent residents or hold a Visa from one of the categories listed below (all of which allow holders to stay permanently in Australia):
• Refugee – subclasses 200, 201, 203 & 204
• Global Special Humanitarian – subclass 202
• Protection – subclass 866
• Partner (Migrant) Visa – subclass 100
Application Process and Key Dates
- Click Apply now to download an application form
- Scan and email completed application form and supporting documentation (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7 August 2024
- Attend an interview (short listed applicants only)
Required Supporting Documentation
- Completed application form including:
- Two references – one academic and one personal. For example: a reference that will provide support of the applicant’s involvement in their chosen field/s;
- A 200-word handwritten statement by the student applicant outlining the reasons for applying, including how they would be a positive addition to our School. Please include references to strengths in your chosen field/s of endeavour and how these would benefit Caulfield Grammar School.
- Most recent (full semester) School Report
- Most recent NAPLAN results (if available)
- Relevant certificates or other documents to support the application