Caulfield Grammar School’s Music Program seeks to establish and nurture a lifelong love of music in our students through performing, listening to music and appreciating the therapeutic value of music in their everyday lives.
Few schools can match the breadth of learning experiences offered at Caulfield Grammar School and each year we witness dedicated students and specialist staff bring their passion and skills from the classroom to the stage. As a leading music school in Australia, our innovative program offers students outstanding opportunities in solo and ensemble performance – in bands, orchestras, ensembles and choirs performing at regular concerts and assemblies, eisteddfods, festivals and productions.
Scholarship recipients are required to display exemplary commitment, enthusiasm, and contribution to a core ensemble each year, along with providing leadership within the Ensemble Program. Music Scholars are required to continue private weekly vocal tuition each year, including Year 12. Students must complete VCE Solo or Group Performance as part of their VCE program. Successful applicants will receive part remission of tuition fees through to the end of Year 12. This is typically between 25% and 75%. Allowance for music lessons will also be included.
Scholarships are open to applicants who are:
• New or currently enrolled students of Caulfield Grammar School; and
• A Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia at the time of application.
Applicants for Music Voice Scholarships should have completed a minimum AMEB grade or equivalent:
- For Year 7 entry: AMEB Grade 3 for Voice
- For Years 9 and 10 entries: AMEB Grade 4 for Voice
Click Apply now to complete the application form.
- Audition selections are based on the information contained in the online application.
- Auditions will be arranged with shortlisted applicants after the close of applications. Audition Date for shortlisted applicants: Caulfield Campus, 7 February 2024.
- Following auditions, preferred applicants will be invited for interview. At this point, supporting documentation will be requested.
Required Documentation Prior to Interview
- Most recent (full semester) School Report
- Most recent NAPLAN results
- Relevant certificates achieved in the last two years to support the application