Our boarding house has a country heart and offers a thriving and connected learning environment.
Caulfield Grammar School has one of the longest-running and most experienced boarding programs in Australia. We are one of the few schools in Melbourne offering boarding for both girls and boys.
Your child will come to know who they are, what they value and why they are valued in our supportive and dynamic learning environments. Students choose from extensive learning program options taught by specialist teachers, along with co-curricular activities across Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, Dance, Sport, Community Service and Leadership Programs. Our wellbeing program called CaulfieldCARES is designed to meet the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs of all students.
Who is W.S. Morcom?
Mr. William Sheridan Morcom was a member of staff at Caulfield Grammar School for 50 years including a period as a member of the Resident Staff. As Chief of Staff and on occasion Acting Headmaster, he set high standards in the Academic Learning Program, in Sport, and in the presentation and conduct of students. He was held in high regard by students, parents, staff members and those involved in Educational and Community Service organisations beyond the School.
About W.S. Morcom Rural Boarding Scholarships
W.S. Morcom Rural Boarding Scholarships are offered to students currently living in regional Australia who would thrive from and contribute to our vibrant residential community at Caulfield Grammar. Scholarships offered are specifically for students whose family’s financial means do not currently allow them to send their child to an Independent school.
Successful applicants will receive part remission of tuition and boarding fees from the year of commencement through to the end of Year 12. This is typically between 25% and 50%. Offers consider family’s financial means (this information is to be provided by candidates at interview stage).
W.S. Morcom Rural Boarding Scholarships are open to applicants who are:
- Currently living in regional Australia for new entry into our School; and
- A Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia at the time of application.
Applicants must demonstrate through supporting documentation evidence of excellence, achievement and involvement across a minimum of three of the following fields of endeavour:
- Active Leadership and Service to School community
- The Arts (Performing Arts and/or Visual Arts)
- Sport competing at a representative/regional/State/National level in an APS Sport that is offered at Caulfield Grammar School
1. Complete the application for the academic scholarship test by registering with Edutest by 1 November 2023.
2. Click “Apply Now” to download a copy of the application form.
3. The academic scholarship test will be held online from 4:00pm – 7:00pm on Thursday 9 November 2023.
Please note, Caulfield Grammar School does not disclose testing results and the results remain the property of the School.
4. Completed application form and supporting information on levels of excellence, achievement and involvement must be uploaded through the Edutest portal.
Important: A link to the portal and confirmation of registration will be emailed directly from Edutest once applicants have registered to sit the academic scholarship test.
Required Supporting Documents:
1. Completed online application form including:
- Two references – one academic and one personal. For example: a reference that will provide support of the applicant’s involvement in their chosen field/s; and
- A 200-word statement handwritten by the applicant outlining the reasons for applying and the ways they would be a positive addition to our residential community. Please include references to strengths in your chosen field/s of endeavour and how this would benefit Caulfield Grammar School.
2. Most recent (full semester) School Report.
3. Most recent NAPLAN results.
4. Relevant certificates achieved in the last 12 months to support the application.
Applications close Wednesday 1 November 2023.