For those who demonstrate sound academic ability and achievements, and show a desire to contribute to the Caulfield Grammar School community.
The Caulfield Grammar School Foundation is proud to support Scholarships for students of Indigenous background for entry into our School at Year 7 and Years 9 – 10 at either Caulfield Campus or Wheelers Hill Campus. These Scholarships are awarded, utilising needs based criteria, to provide opportunities for those who would otherwise be unable to access a Caulfield Grammar School education. While we work closely with Indigenous communities across Victoria to identify students who would thrive in our School environment and have the strong support of their family, we welcome applications from students of Indigenous backgrounds.
Applicants should demonstrate sound academic ability and commitment to their academic programs, achievement in several fields of endeavour, including leadership, and show a desire to contribute to the Caulfield Grammar School community.
Caulfield Grammar School has entered into a partnership with The Indigenous Youth Leadership Program (IYLP). This program offers scholarships and leadership opportunities to young Indigenous Australians. The IYLP is administered by The Smith Family, with funding support through the National Indigenous Australians Agency. This initiative is funded by the Australian Government and aims to close the gaps in Indigenous educational disadvantage by creating greater access to additional education choice for Indigenous students, particularly those from remote and very remote areas of the country. In addition to helping Indigenous students achieve their educational aspirations, the IYLP supports the development of positive role models and leaders to inspire other Indigenous students.
The IYLP is offered in conjunction with Caulfield Grammar School Foundation Scholarships. Application for a Caulfield Grammar School Foundation Scholarship must be made at the same time as the application for an IYLP Scholarship.
Foundation Indigenous Scholarships are open to applicants from Indigenous backgrounds. Applicants are required to provide a Confirmation of Aboriginality Certificate.
Application Process and Key Dates
- Click Apply now to download an application form
- Scan and email completed application form and supporting documentation (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 14 May 2024
- Attend an interview (short listed applicants only)
Required Supporting Documentation
- Completed application form including:
- Two references – one academic and one personal. For example: a reference that will provide support of the applicant’s involvement in their chosen field/s;
- A 200-word handwritten statement by the student applicant outlining the reasons for applying, including how they would be a positive addition to our School. Please include references to strengths in your chosen field/s of endeavour and how these would benefit Caulfield Grammar School.
- Most recent (full semester) School Report
- Most recent NAPLAN results
- Relevant certificates achieved in the last 12 months to support the application
IYLP Application Process
- Click here to access Information, criteria, application forms, and other details from The Smith Family via the 2025 IYLP Application Kit when it is available (approximately March 2024).
- Shortlisted students will be required to attend a personal interview at Caulfield Grammar School with the IYLP Manager, Leanne Smith, and Caulfield Grammar School Senior staff.