Welcome to Caulfield Grammar School
We are a five-campus school with 3320 students, 700 full-time and part-time employees and over 400 sports coaches.
Our size and scale afford us the privilege to provide a vast range of broad and balanced programs to our students and staff. And yet, because students are spread over multiple campuses, we don’t feel ‘too big’. We have all of the benefits of scale, without students ever feeling like a small fish in a big pond.
Day-to-day school takes place at a choice of three Melbourne campuses:
Caulfield, Wheelers Hill and Malvern. Our campuses in Yarra Junction and
Nanjing offer specialist education programs for our students.
Established in 1881 Caulfield Grammar School is a pre-eminent independent co-educational school in Melbourne, Australia.
One school, five campuses
Wheelers Hill Campus
- Co-educational school based in Wheelers Hill, offering 3-year old Kindergarten to Year 12.
- The spacious campus has an Early Learning Centre (ELC), Junior School and Secondary School.
- Broad learning programs available for VCE studies, with more than 50 subjects offered in Year 11 and 12 and university subjects available.
- Established in 1981 and home to approximately 80 students in early learning, 350 in primary school and 1020 in secondary school.
- Co-educational secondary school in Melbourne’s inner suburbs (St. Kilda East), offering learning from Year 7 to Year 12.
- Broad learning programs for VCE studies, with more than 50 subjects offered in Year 11 and 12 and university subjects available.
- On-site boarding house for students in Year 9 to 12.
- Established in 1881 and home to approximately 1450 students.
- Co-educational junior school located in a beautiful national trust classified mansion in Glen Iris, offering early and primary learning with 3-year-old kindergarten to Year 6.
- Reggio Emilia inspired Early Learning Centre (ELC) on campus
- Commenced as a junior school in 1980 and is currently home to approximately 70 students in ELC and 360 in primary school.
- Students transfer to the Caulfield Campus to complete secondary school.
Yarra Junction Campus
- This unique campus is home to our immersive Education Outdoors Program.
- Yarra Junction provides a natural learning environment where students are challenged to consider the effect of their actions and lifestyle on the world around them.
- Established in 1947, the Experiential Learning Programs are provided across various year levels from all campuses.
- Fostering responsible global citizens is a fundamental part of our school’s vision and our campus in Nanjing, China is the heart of our Internationalism Program.
- Each year, around 400 Year 9 students are given a unique opportunity to study abroad, spending five weeks immersed in overseas life and Chinese culture.
- The Nanjing campus encourages a global perspective amongst students and builds practical skills associated with living, learning and operating in an unfamiliar environment.
Experience and tradition
- We value inclusion and are a non-select entry school. Our academic outcomes stand as a testament to our teaching philosophy and learning practice.
- Caulfield Grammar School offers a broader range of learning experiences and resources than is available at most other schools.
- Our school is dedicated to the wellbeing of every student and takes a personalised approach to learning.
- We offer immersive education programs at two dedicated experiential campuses – sustainability and outdoor education in rural Victoria and internationalism program in Nanjing, China.
- We are authorised to implement the International Baccalaureate® Primary Years Programme (PYP) and we are a candidate school for delivering the IB World Middle Years Programme (MYP).
To enable quality learning every day in every experience for every learner for life.
To be a leading internationally recognised co-educational school, fostering responsible global citizens.